How many languages do you speak? People who speak only one language don’t find many difficulties navigating their vocabulary set since it is pretty limited. Bilinguals, trilinguals, and multilinguals have great difficulty because often, they mix, match, and merge many phrases that might not make sense to other people but they do have an upper hand in the terms of knowing more languages. The basic difference between a person who speaks only one language and a person who speaks more than one is that the latter finds it easy to participate in localization procedures.
A simple example to help us to understand how Translation services and Localization services work. In an ideal sense, language is a stepping stone to Localization.
We all love using Translation and Localization. Though these words are closely related, their meanings are not.
In short, at its core, we can define both as:
- The Translation is the conversion of any text, audio or visual format, from one language to another or into multiple other languages.
- Localization is the process that involves translation and other tools to target any particular audience base and expand the number of people who use any website, product, or service.
How is the difference between Localization and Translation?
Translating is all about using unique phrases that come out of words and the linguistic skills of native speakers to describe any product or service in a way that resonates with the target audience’s language.
The need to translate
Although almost everything that you read online is in English, researches prove that only 25% of the people using the Internet speak English. The remaining 75% popularly speak Chinese and write in Mandarin and Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, French, Welsh, and so on. But since English is the universal language, everyone is expected to read, write and understand it. Then what is the need of translating if people are already comfortable using it? to strengthen connections and localize.
The necessity to translate content ultimately leads to localization procedures.
Growing research and dynamic world trends suggest that English would soon lose its growing importance and emergence in not only Asian countries, but also in European ones also. Although we are far away from that place, there certainly is an increasing demand for unique languages because people have soon started to realize the importance of learning and using their native languages too.
Read More – Linguistics And Translation Services – what we do and why we do it?
Why do we need translation services?
Translation services are of many types but the most popular services include subtitling, performing voice over or text translation, video captioning, and machine translation. But what is the need for it? These people can already understand English and know it is the standard language used on the Internet?
Here is why:-
- It bridges the gap between customers and brands by expanding the available social network.
- Makes it easier for an organization or company to enter new markets, accepted by the people.
- Establishes good business relationships in the industry, and paves way for healthy competition.
- Diversifies content and expands opportunities for individuals by making things available in their preferred language that is easy to understand, comprehend and use.
- Increases specialization of the individual in their subject matters.
Why do we need localization services?
Along with why people should also know when to localize their content. If your company or brand needs a boost, and an increase in sales, profit, and expense in turnover, go for it!
Here are other reasons why you must localize:-
- Localization enables companies to enter new market industries easily by solving the communication and cultural challenges that might slow their entry.
- It gives businesses and brands a competitive edge by making them global brands.
- Improves customer satisfaction by making content, customer support, website text, and other things available in indigenous or local languages.
- Increases brand loyalty of users.
- Localization is the proven method of first increasing leads generated, customers, and ultimately revenue.
After thoroughly going through the reasoning behind both translation and localization service, you can realize that they are indeed quite co-dependent. It is common to translate only for the sake of translating, but localization without translation is impossible.
Read More – Machine Translation vs Human Translation! Which is better?
Motive: Fulfilling cultural expectations
The ultimate motive of both processes is to meet the cultural expectations of customers because the requirements of every customer are unique. They come from diversified backgrounds, and regions, and perceive things differently.
But ultimately, Localization and Translation aim to fulfill functional and cultural expectations. Let’s understand this through examples.
- Appearance and direction of text, like Arabic, is written from the right alignment while English is written from left.
- Font, social beliefs, and values are portrayed through the phrases used.
- Symbols, references of words, and local dialect.
- International search engine optimization through area-specific keywords.
- Diversifying user experience in any particular eCommerce site.
- Changing the geographical references, currency values, and units of measurement.
- Date and time formats.
No matter what you need, Localization or Translation services, our experienced and qualified linguistic team at MoniSa enterprise can help you out! Look no more, we have native speakers only to complete all your projects. We perform A to Z services of building your website from scratch, creating content, translating, and localizing it.
Check out our website to get a free quote today.